Thursday, January 27, 2011

FInal Allusion Poem: What a Tink!

So many things zipping and zapping through my head!
When I stare at two or more objects, I see a new creation.
Imagining different possibilities of meshing technologies,
Playing a story through my head while making it up along the way and at the same time and getting lost in it.

Darn...what were you saying?
Sorry, I get so caught up in my mind.
That's what I'll say to you when I'm trapped in my brain
before you lure me out of it.

For some reason, you are very open to me.
Here I am listening, mind wide open, to you.
You've got a friend in me.

If you ever need me,
Just call me and I'll flutter over.
1,2,3 There I sprinkled you with a little of my imagination, VOILA!
You're on a journey!
The smile on your face after I made you feel the warmth of joy
makes me feel fulfilled.

Small and quick,
I can move around quite a lot,
which is very handy in my busy life.

A bit clumsy,
a dash of sassy,
a high-pitched voice,
a childish attitude
are my flaws and gifts I can't control.

I hate to say it,
but I am easily influenced by the closest people
when they don't believe in me,
and what I am capable of.
My spark of confidence slowly dies out.
My glow of wittiness and glee is gone,
making my lifeless face visible to all.
But I'm back up again,
with a little encouragement from my friends.

With all that I am made up of,
I can be your understanding, committed, and loyal friend.
But only if I've known you for quite a while.
Get me angry,
or even complement me about the tiniest thing
and my cheeks will turn flushed red.

I am who I am.
Small, humorous, clumsy, but whole-heartedly loving,
I guess you can compare me to a pixie.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had chosen Tinker Bell because she is physically like me, which is small. I had thought of my name and how much it sounds like Tinker Bell, and how she has a childish attitude and a high-pitched voice, like me. I felt as if Tinker Bell and I were also connected through imagination. We both tend to wander off in our minds sometimes. Tinker Bell is also very creative, just like me. I didn’t use a specific poetic technique. Though, I did use repetition in my poem to emphasize on my characteristic traits. For my graphic, I fist decided to simply change Tinker Bell’s hair and eye color to look like my hair color and eye color. Though, I did feel that doing this was not enough. I had to be included in this graphic. So I turned myself into a fairy. I had put makeup prior to editing the photo. I basically layered different fairy habitat images in my graphic.
    After doing this project, I feel as if I have discovered myself even more. After finally writing my poem and doing my graphic, I had watched the disney version of Peter Pan. Sadly, I had found that I am similar to Tinker Bell, but I was not her. I was Wendy. Even with how far I had come, I really wanted to change my allusion. I was Wendy because she has a celestial imagination, while Tinker Bell just has a silly imagination. I am also Wendy because she does not want to grow up yet. Wendy wants to continue to keep her imagination and share it with her two younger brothers. Like her, I do share my imagination with my family and friends.
    I know my response about me learning about myself through allusions may be different from others. But the allusion helped me to open my eyes. I have learned that sometimes we really aren't the person we think we are. We are much better.

    ReplyDelete