Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Project Icarus

Topic
Singing: Voice Strengthening

Passion and Stretch
I have been singing all of my life. Though, I have never taken it to a more professional level. I want to be able to belt out high notes, and hold a note longer than I already can now.
My stretch would be taking vocal lessons and achieving a wider vocal range without straining my voice.

Resources and Research
Speech-level Singing (SLS) Instructor: Cat Wong

Process and Product
Each week, I will have 1-2 vocal sessions with Cat Wong.
I will record the new techniques I have learned, along with the changes I notice in my voice.
As for my product, I will create an instructional book that showcases how SLS helped me to become a better singer, and how it can help other singers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isabelle,
    Wow...you've got a lot of interests and talents :)
    Y'know, you may want to apply that photography learning into somehow documenting your dance group or theater group...performing companies use professional photographers for their promotional shots :)
    Contact the photography teacher or other resources asap, though, to be sure you've got the support there.
    Assessment score: MS (3+)
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete