Friday, December 17, 2010

Parent Conference

Hi MOM! So you already have looked through my portfolio.There is one more thing I need to ask you to do for me.
Could you please answer the following questions below. Please be very open with me and tell me what I need to improve on, what parts of the portfolio you thought were superb, etc. Thanks MOM! :)

What piece of writing did you like best in my portfolio and why?
What did you like about my portfolio and sharing and what would you like to see me improve on?
Which of the writing traits (ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency) do you feel was most successful for me?
Which of the traits of writing would you like me to improve on in the coming semester?


Be sure to let your parents/guardians know that this post serves two purposes
It is an opportunity for them to comment on your learning and
It is part of my assessment of your attainment of General Learning Outcome #5, "Effective Communicator." Your sharing of the portfolio should enable your parents/guardians to reflect and respond to the four questions above.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isabelle,
    I enjoyed viewing your portfolio. You have many great essays you used for your examples. I would say some of the best would be your sentence fluency final exam and your college essay. I loved these two examples because your personality and voice are shown and heard through the text.
    I liked how you put a lot of insight into your portfolio. I also liked the color scheme. Your examples were very legible. Though, there are some things you have to improve on. One would be creating better graphics that are appealing to a viewer. A suggestion of improvement would be to use a variety of examples in your portfolio. I noticed that you used your college essay and sentence fluency essays in majority of the slides.
    From reading your portfolio, I think you have a great understanding of sentence fluency and ideas. Your examples gave off that you know how to identify and create beautifully structured sentences that have sentence fluency.
    Overall, I think you need to improve more on organization. I see that you have used two examples that are organized in time sequence order. I would have liked to see different types of organization.
    You have done a very good job this semester. But I still want you to strive for the best in school.

    I love you,
    MOMMY

    ReplyDelete