Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Coming of Age

You know you've reached that point of maturity when you're starting to get serious about your future. Me? Well yes I am constantly thinking about what is going to happen to me after I have completed school. But what's happening to me right now is a whole different story.

Being a teenager means having responsibilities. I myself am a busy girl. School on Mondays to Fridays, piano on Thursday, dance on Fridays and Saturdays, and confirmation on Sundays. And to top that, I also have a social life. With all of this crazy mess going on, I have to maintain a schedule. Being aware of time and having to keep track of everything I'm doing, I consider as an aspect of adulthood. Stepping into this world of maturity, I am constantly discovering new opportunities. I am soon going to be able to get a permit and hopefully get a job. But besides the opportunities, there are people. I am surrounded by people everyday, who are maturing with me. We all learn from each other. For instance, we have the ability to teach each other by dealing with a variety of people.

I know for sure that I have not reached that peak of adulthood yet. I'm still learning, and I like that. It's nice to change for the better. But sooner or later, the world better be ready when I am at that peak.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isabelle!
    I like that last line about "the world better be ready" :) You have lots of good ideas for your COA essay; you'll just need to select one experience to focus on and develop it as a narrative.
    assessment: 4

    As for the blog revision, I do see that you've added your pic to the header :) I think, however, that you might be able to come up with a title that both relates to your present graphic (which is really cool) and represents writing a little more.
    assessment: 3
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete